Thursday, January 7, 2016

Siri is Da Bomb!

This post is obviously biased towards iPhone users (Android users have Google Now which is arguably better anyway). But I've been trying to use Siri more and more in my professional and personal life and want to share a bit.

I have a long commute every day, so getting stuff done on the road is great. Bought for $25 a Siri button that's attached to my steering wheel and let's me do stuff while avoiding death and destruction on Highway 880.

Key commands I use are:

- "Find e-mails from Mike Shaw" and Siri will find recent e-mails from the person, then after it reads a list, I can say "read the first one" and it will read that one.

- "Get directions to work (or home)" gives the depressing reality of my commute.

- When I finally get home, I can do "Turn on the lights" from my iPhone or Apple Watch and they now turn on!

1 comment: