Thursday, September 4, 2014

Chrome Extensions

Hey Gang,

Really excited to be using so many great chrome extensions this year to make my life easier!

Let me point out some of my favorites.  All are free and available in the Chrome Store!




The orange clipboard is called "Clipboard History" and keeps track of anything that you copy so that you can copy multiple things and then access them at once.  Very convenient at times

The Green icon to the right of the clipboard is the "goo.gl expander"  and is a quick way to make goo.gl adresses and also to get QR codes for whatever page you want.

The lightbulb is called "Turn off the lights" and is great for using youtube without all the popups and recommendations.  It also can let you know when a video is fully loaded.

Also, my new favorite is the little red dude who turns webpage called "Announcify".  This allows for most webpages to be read to the students, highlighting what is being read as it goes.  You also can highlight what you want to be read aloud!

Check them out!

-Senor Panblanco
misterbread.weebly.com


3 comments:

  1. Cool extensions! I'm going to download the goo.gl one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use Clearly, which takes all the additional text off a webpage so students can read the article without the sidebars and ads. I actually use it to print articles without all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally getting Lightbulb. I could totally use that for the Youtube videos we watch.

    Also, thanks for the reminder, I am totally gonna start using goo.gl expander that is sitting on top of my Chrome browser.

    One extension I use a lot is Screencastify. I've also taught my students how to use it to record tutorials and narrate presentations.(then make qr codes to share. :)

    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete