Friday, September 19, 2014

Thinking About Design Thinking

Last night was the best meeting I ever attended! Why? We were asked to dig in and create.  What fascinated me the most was how the steps that we needed to follow led to a depth of understand for another human being in such a short period of time.  Initially, I was frustrated on multiple levels. I had to not partner with my friend and teaching partner and go sit with a stranger.  Blessing.  He was wonderful to talk to and I think I got more out of the lesson because we had absolutely zero prior knowledge of one another...hmmm, teaching point??? Also, the control freak that I am was having severe issues not understand what the end product was going to be? I absolutely lacked vision.  As we continued through the process, understandings became clearer and I began to relax...a little.  You can't stop a control freak in just one lesson. :) Then, the best part ever! I got to play!!! Was my "design" good? Oh, heck no! Was it fun? Absolutely and even better than that, it served a purpose and got my point across.  Amazing how questioning about a present can lead to designing a portal where my partner, "Hennessy loving, beer forgetting Xen needs a way to show gratitude because he has extremely loyal, life changing impactful friendships", can magically access whatever he needs to celebrate those bonds.  Thanks for the mind expansion Techie world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment