Saturday, September 6, 2014

Google Classroom!

I've started using Google Classroom with my students... RNet logins/passwords are on sharepoint (under your school's shared documents in the username and passwords folder.)

So far they love it - it took about a week for my students to get used to login on/off with their rnet passwords.

Reasons I love it:
- I can give quick feedback to ALL my students in writers workshop (instead of conferencing with them just once every other week... we have so many!)  
- Their papers stay organized
- Google Classroom is easy to teach to non-tech savvy teachers (as opposed to Doctopus, which can probably do more but isn't user-friendly.) 
- You can keep resources on your classroom page that students can access all year
- Editing suggestions are slightly different then regular Google docs 
- Students have authentic typing practice!

If you find some other google features with it.. please let me know!  


2 comments:

  1. Do most of you have students writing directly on the computer for Writer's Workshop? I find that allowing them to get on right away distracts them from the writing process sometimes (internet, staring at the screen, etc.) but I know that it's actually helpful for some. Just curious to hear others' thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started it last week and it has been great!

    ReplyDelete